Visit my new blog for updates

Visit my new blog for updates Kosher Kitchen

Monday, May 21, 2012

Baked Zucchini Chips

A few weeks ago, we were making sweet potato burgers and I wanted a side dish for it that was quick, easy and healthy.  As I wandered through my local market I came across the zucchini and thought 'what about making some sort of chip?!'.  As per my usual, I pulled out my phone, googled "zucchini chips" and this page popped up.  Sounded like exactly what I was looking for!  Since it said "seasoned breadcrumbs" I decided on some with garlic & herbs seasoning.  The chips were pretty easy to make, though mine didn't turn out ultra-crispy.  But they were pretty delicious.  The recipe says it yields 4 servings, using 2 medium zucchinis.  My husband and I cleaned the plate between the two of us.  But, they're pretty healthy, so we didn't feel too bad about it afterwards!




Baked Zucchini Chips (from Allrecipes.com)

Ingredients 

2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 egg whites

Directions

Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). 

In one small bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, pepper and Parmesan cheese.

Place the egg whites in a separate bowl.

Dip zucchini slices into the egg whites, then coat the breadcrumb mixture.

Place on a greased baking sheet. 

Bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven, then turn over and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until browned and crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment