Visit my new blog for updates

Visit my new blog for updates Kosher Kitchen

Sunday, September 2, 2012

What's Baking Roundup: Bake Your Happy Place

I had the privilege of hosting this month's What's Baking.  I had to choose a theme, and I opted for something that left the options wide open, while letting us get a little personal with our creations.  I chose "Bake Your Happy Place".  Whether our happy place was a trip we made to an exotic place or being home with our family at our favorite time of year, whatever reminded us that happiness was what we made this month.  Here are all of our Happy Places:



Heather from Books and Cooks brought us on her honeymoon in Hawaii with her Blue Hawaiian Cupcakes.




I'm thinking of planning a trip to Hawaii as it seems to be a popular "happy place".  Eva of Eva Bakes recalled her own Hawaiian honeymoon with her Pineapple Upside Down Cake.



Jaida from Sweet Beginnings loves a good Girls' Night, hanging out with friends, sipping a good wine, so she made Blackberry Merlot Cupcakes.



I personally think s'mores should be everyone's happy place, and Jenna from Jenna's Cooking Journey agreed with her S'mores Brownies.



Stephanie from Brownies and Blondies brought us to dinner with her Italian family with her Pasticiotti
.


Ange, the Tiny Tyrant, made us all want to hang out in her backyard with her Zucchini Bread.



Yudith recalled her childhood with these Blissfully Delicious Yellow Buttermilk Cupcakes



Carrie of Carrie's Sweet Life made us all want to visit Iowa with her Sweet Corn Ice Cream



Kim from Just Baked By Me re-lived a perfect day picking strawberries with her kids in her Strawberry Soda Ice Cream.



Melissa of I was Born to Cook had us all screaming "more Ovaltine, please" with her Ovaltine Brownies.


Ammie from Adventures in My Kitchen made us anxious for fall to get here with her Harvest Muffins.



And you probably saw my post from earlier which brought me back to my wedding with my Devil's Food Cupcakes with Oreo Frosting.




I can't wait to see what everyone makes next month when Jenna from Jenna's Cooking Journey hosts with the theme QuickBreads!

No comments:

Post a Comment